Wednesday, November 12, 2008

More of Jesus

I want more of Jesus. I don't want more of His stuff and His "blessings." I want the person Himself. There is a deep longing in more heart right now for more of Christ. I feel the words of Peter when He said "to whom will we go? You have the words of eternal life." John 6:68 There is too much in the world that would draw the evil desires in me and pull my life into destruction. I want Jesus. I need Him yes, and that need could never be put into words, but I want Him as my treasure. I want to see Him in His glory. I want to experience His holiness. I want to know what it is like to be in the presence of God so strongly that you feel as if you will die if you stay any longer.
(Isaiah 6) I want to abide every second in the presence of my dangerous but good King. I need Him yes, but I desire Him also.
DAW

No comments: